1. I asked to see a case manager.
2. I explained my immediate concerns, and used the word Cunt re attending physician.
3. I spoke to the CEO, who listened in horror, gave me his card, and promised a new doctor.
4. The chief of medical staff came in to see Max and ordered some tests and pain meds.
5. A gastric specialist is coming in the morning.
6. A reader of Godammit.com (Jools) picked me up from the “hospital” and took me to my hip surgeon appointment. To call her an angel is a huge understatement.
7. The hip is doing okay and has titanium rods in it.
8. A Godammit.com reader (andrea) sent me a Nursing Care Plan for Max.
9. Another blogger (WCGB) offered assistance and we bonded over the phone.
10. Max and I sang “Don’t Worry Baby” and I believe I was on key throughout.
The moral so far is this: It doesn’t just take a village; It takes the Internet.